Welcome to Our Adoption Blog!

We are hoping that one day we will be able to add another family member to our family. We invite you to come in and take a look around. We may just be another ordinary family, but to us, everyday is a miracle!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ward Pioneer Day!

So this last Saturday we had Ward Pioneer Day. I asked the Ward Activities Committee to put together a day of Pioneer experiences to get the youth excited for Trek and Mini Trek. It was MAGNIFICENT!! They did an awesome job and I was blown away by everything they did. Here are some pictures:



Brother A contacted a fellow who has buffalos and decided to burn buffalo chips. That was a plesant smell.



They played Stick Pull! The kids loved that one! Brian thinks he rebroke his rib (yes, he broke his rib 4 weeks ago and has been recovering very poorly!)



Brother G helped everyone roll a can to make homemade ice cream. That was a huge hit! Every time I went to get ice cream, I was told that I would have to wait for the next batch.



Everyone was able to help tie a quilt which was really cool!



Sister L showed everyone had to "tatter". I think that is what is called. It is a way to do Egyptian lace. Very tiny loops and absolutely gorgeous. I adore Sister L!

Here are some of the quilts and pioneer artifacts that were on display. The shoes and hat are the actual clothing that Sister M's Great Grandfather wore to cross the ocean and the plains. How Cool is that?




After the ward party, we went to the Elders Quarum game night which was a blast also. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, got to make new friends and I learend a new game that only takes 6 dice. Too fun!

We have an AWESOME Ward Activity Committee and my hats off to them for one of our best ward activities ever!

No comments: