Welcome to Our Adoption Blog!

We are hoping that one day we will be able to add another family member to our family. We invite you to come in and take a look around. We may just be another ordinary family, but to us, everyday is a miracle!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Gratitude List

Well it is a new month which means a new gratitude list for me! I have so much to say about my weekend, but feel it is more important to start my blogs this month with a heart of gratitude. So here we go!

1. I am thankful for food. I know, a very basic item, but the last week and especially today, I am so grateful for food. Being sick really levels me down to a level where I appreciate the small things. After throwing up everything and the bath tub and I think I saw some organs, I really valued good heath and nurishing myself. Being able to eat something and not feel like it is rotting in my stomach. Being able to nourish my body and feeling healthy and alive. It all stems from enjoying being able to eat food. I am so excited that in the next couple of weeks we will be planting our garden. Food that I sowed with my own hands and cultivated myself. I am so excited that we have a full focus on our food storage, so when a crisis happens, we will at least not need to worry about hunger. Or if groceries get so high because gas is becoming out of control, we can depend on ourselves and not struggle. That is freedom and that is good!

2. I am thankful for the good people in my life. It is funny when you are put in a role of leadership, the darts and arrows that come with the territory. I am not saying that none of it is deserved, but it is sometimes more than one can bear. I am so thankful for ALL of the good people that surround me in my life and lift me when I am down. I could probably do each area in it's own list, but today, I am going to group you all in one. I am as always thankful for my husband and daughter. Refer back to gratitude list 1 & 2 for reasons why. I am very thankful for my family. It seems in the last year, I have been able to take the next step in the right direction with all of my relationships. How lucky I am to be able to hang out with my grandma. For my mom and sister and being able to talk with them on a daily basis with blogs and taking the baby steps to become closer to the family I have always imagined us to be. For the Rentmeister family and being the tribe we need to help each other in our daily lives. Always willing to help and support each other is a security I do fully appreciate. For good friends such as Katie and Ann and allowing me to join them on their nights out. For respecting who I am and no matter a difference of opinion, being a friend is really what is important. My neighbors who look after us and our home and always being willing to lend a hand. For Young Women who always make me laugh and remind me that the child like perspective is always refreshing and enlightening. How lucky I am to have such great people in my life.

2. I am thankful for Caroline and Becky. What an honor and priveledge it is to know and work with these 2 women. Never in my life have I had such trust and optimism when working with women. Any auxillary in the church will go through its ups and downs because we are a church of people. I think that because the church is still going and growing strong is a testimony in it self of how the church is the true church. If it wasn't then the people would have destroyed it long ago. I appreciate the counsel and love that Caroline and Becky have given to me and our presidency. They truly are righteous daughters of God. They understand service and have beautiful testimonies of their own. I look forward to the meetings I can have with them and be with them to think, brainstorm, ponder and have spiritual moments. I cannot testify enough how Heavenly Father calls the right women at the right time. I am with them today because of Him and I am forever in His debt for them.

3. I am thankful for my Priesthood leaders. We have a really great Bishopric in our ward and I have felt an overwhelming feeling of love they have for me. I know that they are truly called and sacrifice a ton for the benefit of the ward. I know that they will lead and guide us to what is best for all in the grand scheme of things. Mainly, I just want to express the love I have for them and I appreciate all that they do for me!

4. I am thankful for Womens Conference. When I was driving home the first night, I was talking with Brian on the phone and he asked me who I went with. I told him I went by myself and it surprised him a little. He wasn't the only person that was surprised. I expressed to him that I felt great blessings would come to me if I attended the conference and the fear of being by myself was not going to hold me back. Hence I was paid ten fold. What an honor to go and participate in an event where I was in the presence of Sheri Dew, John Bytheway, Julie Beck, President Monson and especially being surrounded by women who had the same goal that I did. To somehow make myself, my family, my friends and this world just a little bit more loving and better. I plan on attending every year unless family or other circumstances withold me. What an awesome event that is put together and I know that I am a better person because I was a part of it.

5. I am thankful for a budget. Well we are now 3 weeks into being on a budget and I can tell you it has been bittersweet. More towards the sweet than anything. Bitter because we really had to stretch this week because we did not have enough money for 2 weeks and I had to break down and eat Top Romen for dinner. But I cannot express the overwhelming feeling of control and happiness I feel from being on this budget. I cannot believe how many times I have had to say no this week for purchases, but when I look at the greater picuture, I feel much more happy. It was so much fun going grocery shopping with Brian and he having the calculator and having a game to stay under our budget for groceries so we could go out to dinner that night. In the end we were blessed ten fold. Joyce asked us to accompany her to the Josie 5oth Wedding Anniversary before we went out to dinner. It was at the Gathering Place in Gardner Village and they were serving food. Tons of food. We had dinner there and it didn't cost us a dime. Heavenly Father does bless us when we are obediant. So you ask me what am I planning to do with the extra money. We went to the DI and I bought a book and we bought a skirt and pants for Trek. Yeah I know, pretty sweet!

I really love doing these gratitude lists and I look forward to the beginning of the month so I can reflect and be thankful for the many blessings of my life. I truly am loved and blessed! I also want to express the love I have for all of you! Thanks!

No comments: