Welcome to Our Adoption Blog!

We are hoping that one day we will be able to add another family member to our family. We invite you to come in and take a look around. We may just be another ordinary family, but to us, everyday is a miracle!

Friday, April 25, 2008

3 Little Pigs!

Well this week has been a doozy. Shaeler got the stomach flu and has been sick until last night. Brian and I have been down in the dumps and then the snow! THE SNOW!!! AAAHHHHHHH!! Last night as I looked at my house, it was a complete disaster. No one picked things up and we were just a mess. Physically and emotionally and housely.

My thoughts went to last weekend when one of the birthmothers talked about picking a family because their pictures were of a crazy household. Kids hiding in drawers with socks on their heads, etc. She said it was more than just the "beautiful pictures" that they see over and over. I thought to myself why on earth would I want the world to see how messy we are in print. And then I had the thought, if our birthmother could see our house now!

So, here it is! I am going to show you what our home normally looks like on a Thursday night.




This is Shaeler's version of cleaning her room. Throwing it in the closet in a large pile or under her bed. I have to say that I did the exact same thing when I was a child. Smooth, real smooth!



Before Shaeler got sick, she was obsessed with saving 2 suckers for 2 very special people. Her room was so messy, that I finally found them behind her closet door in the corner.



So, I awoke this morning with a determination to get the house clean. I really believe that the home has an effect on our moods and we needed a pick me up. A big one!

When I started opening the blinds, I had an extra terrestrial moment. There were X's and circles on my fence. Can't quite figure that out. I have never seen anything like that before.




And for you Jennifer, here is my lilac bush. It's just not fair!



I srubbed and scrubbed away with a song in my heart. It feels so good to clean things out and my goal this week was to get Shaeler's closet organized.

So here are pictures of what my house usually looks like Friday afternoon!





There you go! I cannot tell you how revitalized I feel and I do enjoy cleaning! I feel better and here is to a better attitude and the house staying clean!

No comments: